Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Best of 2015

The holidays are over and I just can't believe that we're starting a new year. A lot of things happened last year that I am truly grateful for.

Here's a rundown of what went down in 2015!

1. Welcoming the New Year at Phuket

I started the New Year in Phuket, Thailand. We went on a cruise with the SYSU clan and spent 5 days on board the Mariner of the Seas for the 4-night Isles of Southeast Asia cruise (Singapore-Port Klang, Malaysia-Phuket, Thailand-Singapore).

January 1 @ Phuket, Thailand
2. Mt. Pinatubo March 2015

I trekked Mt. Pinatubo with the girls! I wrote about this last October >>>Mt. Pinatubo: The Beautiful Disaster



3. Springtime in Tokyo

This trip wasn't even supposed to push through! We booked our hotel in advance even before we had our plane tickets. It was so hard to book our flights because we tried to book our flight so close to our preferred travel dates. We wanted to leave during the Holy Week which made it even harder for us to find available flights. Everything eventually fell into place and we made it to Tokyo!


4. Australia: Hillsong Conference & Silly Sys Down Under

It has always been in my bucket list to attend the Hillsong conference, but it never crossed my mind that I would be able to attend last year. But as Proverbs 19:21 says, " Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."


Going to Australia for the Hillsong Conference wasn't enough, I went to Australia twice last year! Second time I was with my whole family. Read about my Australia trip with the Silly Sys here >>> Australia 2015: Silly Sys Down Under



5. First International Trip with the Girlaloos!

It finally happened! I went to Kota Kinabalu with my college girls last year and it was just incredible! We weren't complete though (we missed you Lauren!) but this year for sure we'll be complete! Claiming it! >>>Kota Kinabalu Vlogs



6. Blog and YouTube Channel

I finally had the courage to start my blog and YouTube channel. I didn't post regularly last year but I am glad that I finally started it. You have no idea how long I've wanted to blog and vlog. There were a lot excuses and struggles along the way. Now that it's up and running, I am committed to post and upload at least once a week this year. WOW. Fingers crossed!

7. Secret Santa with my High School and College Barkada

My high school friends and I have been friends for 11 years, while my college friends and I have been friends for 7 years, but we've never had a successful Christmas get together. We finally got to do our Secret Santa after so many years of being friends. Good job, girls!

College loves
High School loves 

8. Christmas at home

It's been a while since we last celebrated Christmas at home. We rarely put up our Christmas tree and get together for Christmas. This year, I was really into the Christmas spirit (I think it was because of Vlogmas hehe). I decorated the Christmas tree with the kids, put up our Christmas stockings, and organized our secret santa and Christmas dinner at home. I vlogged our Christmas get together and while I was editing it, I couldn't help but smile. We were complete. We had lots of fun. We were happy.


9. Relationship with God

I declared at the beginning of 2015 for a deeper and more consistent relationship with God. He called me to serve in the Music Ministry. The last time I volunteered for the Music team, I was just in my first year of college. I was really glad to be back! Every time I worshipped on stage, there was just overwhelming joy! It felt so good to see people worship Him and be moved by the Spirit. It's different when you grasp the things that He has done for you. Ang sarap ng feeling! During Victory Weekend last November, I burst into tears as one of the Pastors prayed for me. The pastor didn't even know me and yet when he prayed and declared that I was free from my past because of God's grace and unfailing love. GRABE. I just felt a sense of peace within me. I am truly grateful for the incredible journey with Him last year and I cannot wait to take my relationship with God to the next level this 2016!



It was indeed an amazing year but I know that 2016 is going to be even better! I am believing God for greater things this year. The best is yet to come. "Everything is possible for one who believes." Mark 9:23

Bring it on, 2016!

WATCH: Welcoming the New Year at Resorts World!

No comments :

Post a Comment